Student Life Alcohol and Other Drug Education and Community Standards
AlcoholEdu® for College: Population-Level Prevention®
The AlcoholEdu Standard
AlcoholEdu for College is designed as a Population-Level Prevention program to be given to an entire population of students, such as an entering first-year class... This method creates a learning experience that:
- Motivates behavior change
- Resets unrealistic expectations about the effects of alcohol
- Links choices about drinking to academic and personal success
- Helps students practice safer decision-making
- Engages students to create a healthier campus community
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- Part 1 of the course takes a total of approximately 2 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after the Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 75 or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is August 29, 2012.
- About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is November 5, 2012.
- Please note that successful completion is a mandatory requirement for all students entering their first year of Springfield College. Students that do not complete part 1 prior to the August 29, 2012 risk judicial consequences.
To take AlcoholEdu for College, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. Although many students have access to computer in their home or with a family member, other students may need to consider the local library, a cyber café, Kinko’s, or another public access computer.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College:
- Go to: http://college.alcoholedu.com/login.aspx
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID: C167899A
- Click “Sign Up”
- On the registration page, you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu for College account using your Springfield College email address and a password of your choice.
At this time, you will also need to enter your 7 digit Springfield College Student ID#0000000 which you received at SOAR. If you do not enter your official Student ID, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
- *If you are a transfer student and have completed AlcoholEdu at your previous institution, you will need to provide documentation of a passing grade by August 29, 2012 to be exempt from this institutional requirement. Please provide this documentation to Melissa Ortendahl at Springfield College or by email to email@example.com.
- Try another browser
- Close all other windows/browsers/tabs (e.g. Facebook and email)
- Restart Computer
- Update Flash if using a version earlier than 7.0
- Disable pop-up blockers
- Close all ofther open programs (e.g. ITunes)
- Try another computer
Get results. Change campus culture.AlcoholEdu for College, an online alcohol prevention program, is the only program of its kind that was designed for population-level, primary prevention. Its personalized approach provides an experience that impacts both individual behavior and campus culture, reducing your institutional risk.
More than 400,000 students engage with AlcoholEdu for College every year - producing the world's largest database on college students and alcohol. In fact, this summer, the millionth student will take AlcoholEdu! It remains the only program specifically designed for ALL students - whether they are frequent heavy drinkers, light to moderate drinkers, or non-drinkers.
AlcoholEdu clients are among the most successful in the country in reducing the negative consequences of alcohol on their campuses.
- Student Login -
- Click here to login.
- AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located on the Login page of AlcoholEdu for College screen.