- Health Insurance Requirements
- Optional Practical Training
- Driver's License Information
- Tax Information
Students with F-1 or J-1 visas who arrived in the United States are required to file a Tax Return even if you have earned no income.
Tax forms and instructions are available in the International Center or on line at www.irs.gov/formspubs
If you have received no income subject to taxation, you may complete Form 8843. Taxable income includes salary from on-campus work and U.S. based scholarships that exceed the cost of tuition, fees, books and course supplies. You do not need a social security number to complete this form.
If you have received taxable income (for example, from on-campus employment), you will receive a W-2 form from the Business Office by January 31. You will need to complete a tax return even if you are exempt from paying taxes.
You will need the following information to complete your tax return:
- Form I-94
- Form I-20 or Form DS-2019
- W-2 Form
- 1040 NR or 1040NR-EZ
- Social Security Number
The deadline for filing your tax return for April 15th each year.
- International Center Student Handbook(.pdf)
- Financial Guarantee: Undergraduate(.pdf)
- Financial Guarantee: Graduate(.pdf)
- SHS Financial Guarantee: Undergraduate(.pdf)
- SHS Financial Guarantee: Graduate(.pdf)
- J-1 Program General Information(.pdf)
- Application for DS-2019(.pdf)
- Exchange Visitor Financial Documentation(.pdf)
- Sponsoring Department/Faculty Agreement(.pdf)
Contact International Center