Information and Technology ServicesInstallation Instructions
You Are Here: Home > College Resources > Information and Technology Services > Windows XP Instructions
Windows XP Instructions
Important Note: You must uninstall any existing anti-virus software that is currently installed on your computer (i.e. Norton A/V, older versions of McAfee A/V, etc.) before installing VirusScan. Refer to the product documentation for removal instructions, or the link on the left hand column of this page.
1. Click on the following link to download the McAfee Virus Scan software: VS801.exe
2. When prompted to “Open” or “Save” the file, click on “Save” and save the file to the “Desktop” folder on your computer.
3. When the download is complete, double click the “vs801.exe” file located on your Windows Desktop.
4. Click the OK button
5. click ok if promted by winzip.
6. Click the setup button to begin the installation
The installation will show that it has been completed, click ok. Your computer will now re-start.