Click here if you are not redirected.
Springfield College alum Derek Repucci ’98 G’04 (A.T.C.) with the 2011 Stanley Cup!
Like many high school students going through the college selection process, I wanted to find the best school for me. Knowing that I wanted to be an athletic trainer, I asked several people in the field what college I should attend. The name that always came up was Springfield College. After visiting the College and completing my interview, I can remember my mom asking me what I thought. Immediately, I told her that Springfield College would be my first choice “because it felt like home.”
Having spent six years of my life on the Springfield College campus (pursuing both bachelor’s and master’s degrees), I can honestly say that my initial feeling was 100 percent right! I had a great experience because of the people that I met and worked with there. I still stay in touch with several of my former professors and many of my best friends to this day are people that I met at Springfield College.
My Top 10 Reasons to Attend Springfield College for Athletic Training
The Springfield College Athletic Training Program offers:
- professors who genuinely care.
- professors who have experience working in the many different athletic training settings (from high schools to professional sports teams).
- an outstanding network of alumni, who not only learn about job openings before the general public, but who often times recommend fellow Springfield college alums.
- a curriculum which prepares students to become entry-level athletic trainers or continue on to graduate school.
- access to state-of-the-art laboratories.
- a state-of-the-art athletic training room, which is as good as or better than many Division I or professional team facilities.
- the opportunity to work with Springfield College athletic teams and gain valuable experience.
- the opportunity to work with athletic trainers at various local high schools and colleges to gain experience in high schools, preparatory schools, and Division I college athletics.
- assistance for student athletic trainers to help them win scholarships from the National Athletic Trainers’ Society.
- the opportunity to build relationships with other athletic training students who will help you to learn and challenge you to do your best!