Click here if you are not redirected.
Strength and Conditioning Students at Hartford Wolf Pack
Interest in conditioning athletes across the life span from youth to seniors to improve performance conditions to grow. Strength training, speed training and specific sport skill training are examples of performance areas graduates could work with. Employment opportunities continue to be good in professional and college’s and universities athletics with opportunities working with high school athletes increasing significantly.
The Sport Performance Specialization builds on the strong science based undergraduate Applied Exercise Science program. The specialization is an interdisciplinary program including courses from the Movement and Sport Studies and Physical Education/Coaching programs.
- AEXS 470 Strength and Conditioning (3sh)
- AEXS 471 Strength and Conditioning Applications (1sh)
- MOST 224 Motor Learning and Sport Skill Acquisition (3sh)
- MOST 328 Psychology of Sport (3sh)
- MSCI 440 Nutrition and Athletic Performance (3sh)
- PHED 212 Principles and Problems of Coaching (2sh)
Students who choose this specialization will be encouraged to complete their final Internship (minimum of 450 hours) at one of the many
Sport Performance settings Springfield College has agreements with locally, nationally and internationally.