Cohort Program Overview
The SHS Executive Master's Program
at Springfield College is designed for seasoned executives, like you, who want to expand your leadership capabilities to help people, organizations and communities to meet the challenges of change.
A Cohort Model
The structure of the Executive Master's Program reflects the high value the School of Human Services places on collaborative learning. Participants work with the same cohort of 15 to 20 peers throughout the program. The cohort's members, with their differing backgrounds, become a powerful source of learning for each other.
Classes include a variety of instructional activities designed to incorporate mind, body, and spirit
. Your sessions will be offered at one of ten SHS campuses. Professors for each course will distribute a syllabus that outlines the expectations, pace, assignments, outcomes and grading criteria.
- A total of 36 credits is required for graduation.
- You must attend four two-week residency sessions over a span of two years.
- You will be expected to retrieve assignments and project work via Pride Online which is powered by the learning management system called "Moodle."
- Academic advising, including assistance with:
- Time management
- Study skills
- Writing Clinic
- On-line support and chat room discussions