Roger Williams upped its record to 15-3, while Springfield fell to 4-10.
Springfield had early leads in all three doubles matches, but Roger Williams pulled out two victories to take a 2-1 lead after doubles play. That proved to be very important as the two teams would split singles play, 3-3.
With the match all tied at 4-all, it all came down to a third set at No. 6 singles, which pitted Pride freshman Kyla Walgren (West Hartford, Conn.) and RWU senior Katie Wilmes (Milton, Mass.). Wilmes won that third set, 3-6, 7-6(5), 6-3.
Weinstein, a junior from Allentown, Pa., won her match at No. 1 singles for Springfield by the score of 6-4, 7-5. Shaw, a freshman from Walpole, Mass., won her match at No. 2 singles. She won by a score of 6-2, 6-2.
The other Springfield singles winner came at No. 5. Senior Funmi Olowookere (Woonsocket, R.I.) won by a score of 6-4, 6-2.
The match began with doubles play.
1) Leone/Ribchinsky (RW) def. Weinstein/Shaw (SC), 8-6
2) Parente/Lily Osowski (RW) def. Kushma/Russo (SC), 8-4
3) Olowookere/Walgren (SC) def. Nettlefield/Wilmes (RW), 8-5
1) Melissa Weinstein (SC) def. Caitlyn Leone (RW), 6-4, 7-5
2) Amy Shaw SC) def. Leah Ribchinsky (RW), 6-2, 6-2
3) Joanna Nettlefield (RW) def. Rachel Kushma (SC), 6-2, 6-3
4) Kelsey Parente (RW) def. Sarah Russo (SC), 6-2, 7-6(4)
5) Funmi Olowookere (SC) def. Megan Harrington (RW), 6-4, 6-2
6) Katie Wilmes (RW) def. Kyla Walgren (SC), 3-6, 7-6(5), 6-3
Roger Williams -- 15-3
Springfield -- 4-10