Ranked 10th regionally by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA), the Lyons extended their overall winning streak to four matches while improving to 6-1 and 4-0. The Pride fell to 1-4 and 0-3.
Wheaton's first and third doubles teams picked up decisive victories to begin action, while its second team comprised of freshmen Lyndsay Cooke and Madison Hartley posted a 9-7 victory over sophomores Siana Green and Erin Woodbury.
Regionally-ranked seniors Sarah Geocaris and Catherine Teague notched an 8-2 victory at first doubles, while classmate Ellen Van Faasen and junior Allesandra DiOrio won 8-3 in the third position.
The hosts performed well during the singles portion of the match, led by Cooke's sweep at number three. Teague surrendered just one game in the top spot, while Geocaris, DiOrio and Van Faasen gave up two in the second, fourth and six slots, respectively. At five, Hartley recorded a 6-0, 6-3 triumph.
Wheaton College 9, Springfield College 0
1. Catherine Teague (WHE) def. Amy Shaw (SPR) 6-1, 6-0
2. Sarah Geocaris (WHE) def. Jen Cleary (SPR) 6-1, 6-1
3. Lyndsay Cooke (WHE) def. Kyla Walgren (SPR) 6-0, 6-0
4. Allesandra DiOrio (WHE) def. Erin Woodbury (SPR) 6-1, 6-1
5. Madison Hartley (WHE) def. Vanessa Senecal (SPR) 6-0, 6-3
6. Ellen Van Faasen (WHE) def. Kristi Maltz (SPR) 6-2, 6-0
1. Catherine Teague/Sarah Geocaris (WHE) def. Amy Shaw/Kyla Walgren (SPR) 8-2
2. Lyndsay Cooke/Madison Hartley (WHE) def. Erin Woodbury/Siana Green (SPR) 9-7
3. Allesandra DiOrio/Ellen Van Faasen (WHE) def. Kristi Maltz/Talya Pessolano (SPR) 8-1