Burnap and Henne first teamed up to defeat their opponents in the No. 1 doubles slot, which helped Springfield gain a 2-1 lead after doubles play.
Burnap, a sophomore from Westerly, R.I., then defeated freshman Andre Vorbrodt, 6-4, 6-1, at No. 1 singles. And Henne, a senior from Bristol, Conn., then defeated junior Kyle Borton, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 2 singles.
Other singles winners for Springfield included Zach O'Leary at No. 3, Doug Nickerson at No. 4, John Schrank at No. 5, and Joe Giarelli at No. 6.
SC's other win came at No. 2 doubles with O'Leary and Nickerson teamming up for the victory.
RPI's only win came at No. 3 doubles. The duo of Justin Domingo and Pat Russo combined for an 8-2 win.
Springfield will next host Wesleyan on Wednesday, September 29 at 4 pm at the Appleton Courts.
Final Score -- Springfield 8, RPI 1
1) Ben Burnap/Eric Henne (SC) def. Matt Asher/Evan Creer (RPI), 8-4
2) Zach O'Leary/Doug Nickerson (SC) def. Andre Vorbrodt/Kyle Borton (RPI), 9-8(2)
3) Justin Domingo/Pat Russo (RPI) def. John Schrank/Joe Giannelli (SC), 8-2
1) Ben Burnap (SC) def. Andre Vorbrodt (RPI), 6-4, 6-1
2) Eric Henne (SC) def. Kyle Borton (RPI), 6-2, 6-1
3) Zach O'Leary (SC) def. Matt Asher (RPI), 6-0,, 6-1
4) Doug Nickerson (SC) def. Evan Creer (RPI), 6-3, 6-4
5) John Schrank (SC) def. Matt Saffee (RPI), 6-1, 6-2
6) Joe Giannelli (SC) def. Adam Generale (RPI), 6-2, 5-7 (10-7)