BRISTOL, R.I., April 19, 2006 - Springfield College freshman Andrew Constant (Kingston, N.Y.) defeated Roger Williams' Brad Bolte (6-3, 6-3) and combined with senior Justin Freitas (East Providence, R.I.) to pick up a #1 doubles victory (8-1), as the Pride edged the Hawks, 5-4, in non-conference action this afternoon in Bristol, R.I.
SC sophomore Joe Lisi (Southbridge, Mass.) and freshman Bobby Schlink (Quaker Hill, Conn.) each won their respective singles matches, with Lisi defeating Roger Williams' Justin Anderson at #3 singles (6-3, 7-6), and Schlink knocking off Adam Barnes at fifth singles (6-1, 6-2).
In doubles play, the Pride won two of the three matches. After Constant and Freitas won their #1 doubles match, sophomore David Keenan (Scarborough, Maine) and junior Jeff Crofts (Beverly, Mass.) recorded a doubles victory at #3, 8-4.
With the win, SC snaps a six-game losing streak and improves to 3-7 overall on the season. The Hawks fall to 9-6 overall on the year with the loss. The Pride will next host conference foe, Babson College, on Saturday afternoon, April 22nd, in a 1:00 p.m. start at the Appleton Courts, in what will be SC's final regular-season match.
1. - Andrew Constant (SC) def. Brad Bolte (RWU) 6-3, 6-3
2. - Jay Dono (RWU) def. Justin Freitas (SC) 1-6, 7-6, 10-7
3. - Joe Lisi (SC) def. Justin Anderson (RWU) 6-3, 7-6
4. - Ryan Fayed (RWU) def. Guy Lepore (SC) 6-3, 6-2
5. - Bobby Schlink (SC) def. Adam Barnes (RWU) 6-1, 6-2
6. - Dan Roberts (RWU) def. Jeff Crofts (SC) 6-2, 7-6
1. - Constant/Freitas (SC) def. Anderson/Dana Morin (RWU) 8-1
2. - Bolte/Dono (RWU) def. Ethan Clime/Lisi (SC) 8-4
3. - David Keenan/Crofts (SC) def. Roberts/Fayed (RWU) 8-4