The Pride will take on WPI in what will prove to be a game with playoff implications on the line. With game time set for 1:00 pm on Stagg Field, the Engineers and Pride will battle with the right to host a NEWMAC Tournament Quarterfinal game on October 31.
Last year, Springfield was one of over 150 field hockey programs nationwide to take part in a program that was created by Tina Reinprecht. Since an inaugural indoor benefit tournament for breast cancer research was held in 2006, over $11,000 has been raised and contributed to the Philadelphia affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
Springfield College plans to raise breast cancer awareness in the following way:
* the Springfield College field hockey team will be wearing pink T-shirts during warm-ups
* Springfield Field Hockey - Play 4 The Cure pink t-shirts on sale for $10... proceeds go to Susan G. Komen Foundation
* pink ribbons will be handed out to all fans
* all players will wear pink Play 4 The Cure Bracelets
* Saturday's game ball will be pink
* the game program will be pink
Springfield College is requesting fans wear pink apparel to these contests.