Admissions First-Year Application
- Application Form
- Personal Reference (.pdf)
- Personal Interview (.pdf)
- Early Decision Agreement (.pdf)
Online Application for First-Year Students
- Complete the *First-Year Student Personal Essay and mail it to the admissions office, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If choosing to email, please be sure to indicate your first and last name, and your home mailing address.
*First-Year Student Personal EssayIt is our hope to get to know you as well as possible through this application. Please submit on a separate sheet of paper a response to the following question.
Q. Please comment on the aspects of your life which have led you to select your intended major and why you believe Springfield College will meet your educational needs.
- Arrange to take SAT/ACT examination.
You must take the SAT or the ACT. The official results can be sent directly to Springfield College from the testing agency, or they can be included on an official high school transcript.
- Ask your school's guidance office to forward an official transcript.
Please obtain an official transcript from your high school and have it submitted directly to the Office of Admissions: Springfield College, Office of Admissions, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109-3797
- Obtain one personal reference.
*Personal References: Personal Reference Form (.pdf)
The Personal Reference Form should be completed and returned directly to the Office of Admissions by the person you select. Your reference should be someone other than a relative, such as a teacher, employer, clergy member, or someone else who knows you well enough to make important judgments about your abilities.
- Schedule a personal interview with Springfield College.
*Personal Interview: Alumnus(a) Interview Report Form (.pdf)
Interviews are encouraged of all applicants. If the applicant is unable to arrange a personal visit to campus, the alumni interviewer must complete and return the attached Alumnus/a Interview Report directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Early Decision 1 and 2 candidates must complete the Early Decision Agreement form. Please be sure that you, your family, and your school counselor have signed the form and understand the early decision application process.
- Complete the First-Year Student Online Application Form.
*Social Security Number and High School Code
Be sure to include your Social Security number and high school code on the application. If you do not have a Social Security number, you may apply for one at your nearest Social Security office. The high school code is assigned by the College Entrance Examination Board and is available in the guidance office at your high school.
- Obtain and complete the Springfield College financial aid application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Financial aid applicants must obtain the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Springfield College financial aid application. The FAFSA must be centrally processed and should be filed with the designated processor at least four weeks prior to the financial aid deadline. Deadline for receipt of all credentials in the Office of Financial Aid is March 15 for freshman candidates. The CEEB code for Springfield College is 3763. The Federal code is 002211.
Note that three majors require additional credentialsInstructions and further information will be forwarded to applicants seeking acceptance to the following programs:
- Physician Assistant
- Athletic Training
- Emergency Medical Services Management
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. All correspondence should be addressed to:
Springfield College, Office of Admissions, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109-3797
We have a toll-free telephone number you can call anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday through Friday. That number is (800) 343-1257.