Allied Health Sciences
General Health Science-Westover Air Force Base, Chicopee, MA
This series covers positions that involve research or other professional and scientific work that is specifically health-oriented in character, when the work is of such generalized or miscellaneous specialized nature that the positions are not more appropriately classifiable in any of the existing series in this or any other Group. The work requires a background of knowledge, skills and techniques gained from professional training in a health science or allied scientific field, but has no paramount, rigid or continuing requirement for the knowledge, skills and techniques characterizing any of the established series that reflect one or more of the academic disciplines or recognized professions. Such work may cut across and require understanding of scientific methods and techniques common to several recognized professional fields in the health, medical or allied sciences (e.g., work in the field of health research administration requiring knowledge of research methodology common to a number of different scientific fields); and/or the work may represent a new, emerging or miscellaneous professional occupational area of a health science not readily identifiable with established series.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of principle, concepts and techniques in the health, medical, or allied science fields (e.g., work in the field of health research administration requiring knowledge of research methodology common to a number of different scientific fields) to develop, implement and evaluate programs.
2. Knowledge of scientific principles, practices, and procedures in order to design, plan and conduct research.
3. Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and preparing solutions.
4. Ability to author reports, documents, and presentations pertaining in the fields of health, medical or allied sciences.
5. Ability to manage/develop databases, performs data analysis, and develop presentations using current information technology and computers and effectively communicate results orally and in writing.
6. Knowledge of common diseases, prognosis, medication, treatment methods, and medical terminology to apply to the health and medical programs.
7. Ability to plan, organize, and lead others in projects or studies.
For full description and how to apply visit: www.usajobs.gov and enter zip code 01109
Type of position:
Health Science - General Studies
Elisabeth Crowther, CIV, DAF, HR Assistant
Westover Air Reserve Base
Civilian Personnel Office
100 Lloyd St., Suite 106