Allied Health Sciences
Occupational Therapist(1216769)-Yuma, AZ
The Occupational Therapist provides occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in occupational therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of occupational therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Occupational Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- Depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success.
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
We’re an inpatient 41 bed acute rehab hospital with an onsite outpatient clinic in Yuma, AZ. It’s a beautiful hospital with new equipment and a large gym. We offer our patients the latest technology such as the AutoAmbulator, Lite Gait, Smart Step by Adante, Bioness L300 and H200, Computerized Speech Lab, Vital Stim, Experia, Saeboflex, DriveAble, GameCycle, Nintendo Wii, Interactive Metronome, and Gait Mate. Our friendly therapists are very teamwork oriented have a wide range of experience and have specialized training including Neuro-IFRAH certification, Vital Stim Certification, Women’s Health, Lymphedema, LSVT including their BIG training for OT and PT, and Interactive Metronome Certification. The majority of our population is adult/geriatric with a variety of neurological and orthopedic diagnoses.
Our Occupational Therapy Department currently has three full time OTs and two COTA’s. Staying true to the profession, they focus on function in their treatments. They often lead outings, home evaluations, and cooking groups to give their patients individualized treatments focused on meaningful activities. Our current position is an inpatient opening with opportunity to occasionally see an outpatient.
Our therapists are offered sign on bonus, tuition reimbursement, continuing education reimbursement, state license reimbursement, and competitive salaries. Our benefits begin your first day and include medical, dental, vision, 401K, and disability. Our hospital has a strong focus on continuing your education as a therapist through mentorship, courses at our hospital, and assisting you with paying for courses offered elsewhere.
Our unique area of the country offers many different opportunities for fun and exploration. We are approximately 3 hours from Phoenix, San Diego and Tucson and 4 hours from Las Vegas and Los Angeles. We are close enough to ski slopes for a weekend trip. We have sand dunes for recreational sports (they are the dunes in Star Wars and Space Balls). We are minutes from Mexico. Yuma is one of the fastest growing cities in the US and one of the most desirable places to live in the country.
We hold the record for the most recorded hours of sunshine in a year, in the world! Summers are warm, but with the low humidity and close proximity to water sports at the Colorado River, we stay nice and cool. The winter here is beautiful. No coats required and outdoor activities are a must. Many of our therapists enjoy hiking, rock climbing, golfing, volleyball, and boating.
Yuma is also the lettuce capital of the country so it’s not all desert. We have many pretty green fields and we’re surrounded by small mountains. I obviously love it here. I’d like to tell you more about the hospital and Yuma. Please call or email if you are interested in joining our therapy team.
Director of Therapy Operations
Yuma Rehabilitation Hospital
901 W 24th St
Yuma, AZ 85364
Director Human Resources
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Type of position:
Yuma Rehabilitation Hospital
Allied Health Sciences
901 W 24th St