Allied Health Sciences
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers, and dedicated professionals as allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
In collaboration with physicians and oncology team, the NP/PA assists in the medical management of surgical and other patients with thoracic malignancies and related conditions. The PA will work closely with the physician and nursing staff in developing and coordinating a plan of care designed to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of patients and their families. The PA is a member of an interdisciplinary care team that requires effective communication and collaboration with co-workers at the Institute in addition to collaborating institutions and agencies. The role requires critical thinking, an understanding of research principles and practices and leadership that improves the quality of care and advances medical care within the work setting and throughout the community.
1. Participate with team in assessing new patients for appropriate initial appointment, including multi-disciplinary.
2. Perform H+P of new and established patients independently, and when appropriate with thoracic surgeon or medical oncologist.
3. Review and interpret diagnostic data.
4. Present patients at team meetings.
5. Manage patients undergoing neoadjuvant protocols.
6. Assist in patient education throughout the continuum of care.
7. Assist surgeon with procedures in clinic.
8. Call referring providers and patients to follow-up on visit on behalf of attendings; provide update on visit and plan.
9. Coordinate pre-op evaluation and assessment, surgery and outpatient care.
10. Admissions, when necessary.
The work may require the lifting of heavy objects and patients, as well as exposure to potentially infective material. Work requires contact with needles and other sharp instruments, monitoring devices, and other state-of-the-art equipment.
This position is located at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave., Boston, MA 02215.
Graduate of AAPA/NCCPA accredited Physician Assistant Studies Program
License as a Physician Assistant in Massachusetts
Maintain current DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration
Complete 100 hours of CME according to national and stats regulations during each 2 years period of employment
Minimum of one year PA experience or elective oncology rotation strongly preferred.
This position is part-time (20 hrs/wk), M-F, 4 hours/day between 1-6 pm (varies by day of week).
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Affirmation Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/q28596g
Type of position:
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Allied Health Sciences